As 2015 comes to a close, and we turn the page to the new year, some things remain true no matter what happened or what will happen:
- There is hope. Always.
- Compassion is never wrong. (took a page from Doctor Who on that one) I learned this from the best example, Jesus Christ. God in the flesh–in our skin, knowing how evil the world is and how awful we could be–still showed compassion on us and mercy.
- Somehow, in all this mess, everything will work out for good–because the same God who shows compassion is also in control.
- There are people who love you and care about you.
- Never give up. There is someone in your corner, fighting for you and with you.
- No matter what happens, we’re all in this together.
I don’t know what this year will bring, but I know it will be a good one as long as we don’t let go of what truly matters. I don’t know what my goals for this year are yet, but I hope to continue to do good and love people like Jesus. Realizing his love truly has changed me. Seeing HOW he loved people has made me see that I can do so much more good in the world if I’m motivated by that love. Not by anger or by fear, but by love. A love that changes how we treat each other, and a love that never gives up.
P.S. One of my 2015 goals was to write more and start writing a blog consistently. so, yay for that happening. 🙂